Host Application: 3ds MaxHost Application Version: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013Operating System: MultiplePlugin Version: 9.2
Save hundreds by purchasing Power Solids + Power Translators Bundle.
Power Translators Basic 9.2
The Best 3ds Max CAD Data Translator you will ever use.
- Do you need to import IGES, STEP, SAT, or Rhino files into Max?
- Are you sick and tired of poor quality Polygon translation?
- Tired of dealing with mesh smoothing issues and reversed faces?
- Need to change the resolution of your mesh without re-translating?
Translate NURBS Not Polygons!
Power Translators are built from the ground up to solve today’s difficult problems of importing quality CAD data into 3ds max. The Plug-in has been battle hardened in the most demanding productions at some of the best 3d visualization rendering facilities in the World. The 3ds professionals spoke and we listened and together we developed the most advanced, best integrated, highest quality Max CAD translator on the market today. We guarantee it.
Have you ever had to re-create a CAD model inside of MAX/VIZ? Power Translators is the answer to get those CAD models and assemblies into MAX or VIZ with the push of a button. Power Translators reads IGES, STEP, SAT, and Rhino and creates a Power NURBS surface/solid within Max to represent the precise geometry defined in these files. It can then create a mesh at render time to a specified user defined tolerance relative to the size of the object in the image. For example, a tolerance of 2 or 3 pixels will produce an extremely high quality image with very smooth edges that do not have polygonal artifacts. The Power NURBS surface/solid introduced by Power Translators can have materials applied at the sub-object level and is able to utilize most MAX Mesh modifiers (twist, UV Map, etc.).
Power Translators could easily pay for itself on a single project in time savings alone!
Power Solids 9.2
Experiene the revolution in Solids Modeling!
Until recently, NURBS - based Solids Modeling has been confined to high end non-artistic engineering applications; howver nPower's Solids for 3DS Max changes everything. Power Solids provides designers and artists an exceptional, intuitive modeling environment with unrestricted access to Solids geometry.
Consider the flexibility of sculpting your mechanical model by interactivel manipulating the underling curve netwrok. Imagine being able to do this while maintaining a valid double precision NURBS-based solids model. Command the power of procedural Booleans allowing you to cut, intersect, union and merge without worrying about polygonal errors. Enjoy the benefits of advanced solids filleting by simply selecting any edge or set of edges and applying numerous fillet combinations that work. Think of the possibilities of resolution independant geometry that has unlimited detail for rendering. This same geometry can also be exported for post-process applications such as NC, Finite Element Analysis, dimensioning, stereo lithography, manufacturing, etc. If your looking for a modeling tool to expand your creative potential then you need to experience Power Solids.
2012 Install Instructions:
Once you download and install you will need to explicitly "Run as Administrator" from the start menu the first time that you run 3ds Max. This only needs to be done the first time you run 3ds Max so that it can finish installing and authorizing your software. You can then activate online with the license ID and Password you received from purchasing the software.
Note for customers using Vista...
after running the installer, you will need to explicitly "Run as Administrator" from the start menu the first time that you run 3ds Max. This only needs to be done the first time you run 3ds Max so that it can finish installing and authorizing your software.
Quick Installation Reference:
Quick Help Prior to Installing Power Max Bundle...
After installing Max Bundle and selecting the appropriate plugin in the first dialogue option, the following config file (nPower_Config30.ini) should be created in the root Max directory. If you are having any difficulties with the product, first check if the config file has the corresponding attribute:
Make sure that PowerSolids and TranslatorsBasic are the ONLY nPower Products enabled
*Translators Universal is compatible with Max Bundle*
Watch New How to Install Video here!
If you have a previous version (including demo version), first uninstall the previous version. And then use the following instructions.
1. Download the installer from the links above (choose the version that matches your version of 3ds Max / Viz)
2. Run the installer on your machine. Make sure to choose the appropriate product during the install (choose Power Translators Basic or Power Solids). Also, make sure that you select the correct top level 3ds Max directory to install to. For example, the default 3ds Max installation directory for Max 9 is C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 9.
3. Unzip and copy the nPower_Config20.ini file (see download link above) into your top level 3ds Max directory (the same directory that you installed into).
4. If you have not received one yet, request a serial number from support
5. Start up Max and try to do a sketch or import - a different authorization dialog will pop up - make sure that "Localhost" is selected, and then click on the "Authorize" button, and choose the online authorization. Then enter the Serial number that you received (along with your personal information).
How to install Video
How to install icons and nPower UI
Frequently Asked Questions
Max/Viz Installation Forum
Find our help files directly in the nPower 3ds Max rollout. Look for " ? "