Host Application: MayaHost Application Version: 2012, 2013, 2014Operating System: WindowsPlugin Version: 6
- Do you need to import large IGES, STEP, SAT, or Rhino files into Maya?
- Do you need to re-engineer or fix up CAD data?
- Tired of dealing with cracks in meshes of imported NURBS in Maya?
- Do you need to render large, complex CAD models and assemblies?
- Is your current importing process too slow and repetitive?
If you're one of the increasing number of designers and artists that are looking for a better way to get mechanical CAD design data into Maya, then your wait is over. nPower Software's Maya Power Translators give you the power to import IGES, STEP, SAT, Rhino models directly into Maya. Forget the Poly translated mesh importers of the past. nPower Software's advanced Maya Geometry pipeline supports the original CAD model's precision NURBS-based surface and solids geometry and topology allowing you to re-tessellate your mesh to whatever resolution you want on the fly. Have you tried importing CAD files with the existing importers in Maya and had a bad experience? Do you wish you could import larger models? Do you wish the surfaces were sewn together when you imported (instead of having multiple separate surfaces). Well, then find out what thousands of Max artists already know; Power Translators work.
Improved Translation Speed - Tired of waiting for large CAD models to import into Maya? Maya Power Translators next generation geometry data conversion is specially designed to expedite the import processes of large CAD Models.
Resolution Independent Mesh – Maya Power Translator’s Imported NURBS objects are procedural allowing you the freedom to increase or decrease the Veiwport Mesh or Render Mesh polygon count as needed.
Precise nPower NURBS representation - Maya Power Translators imports precise geometric NURBS data for trimmed surfaces, solids models and assemblies from IGES, STEP, SAT, and Rhino formats.
Improved Memory Management - Running out of memory when importing complex CAD models? Maya Power Translators intelligent assembly and part instancing technology drastically reduce memory overhead of complex CAD data sets.
Power Translators for Maya significantly reduces the time it takes to import large models and assemblies into Maya. What used to take days or weeks can now be accomplished in a matter of hours. Working with large models and assemblies inside of Maya can be significantly faster if you have a dual core and/or multi-processor box. Because sometimes the native CAD data needs a little or even a lot of help,
For Maya 2011 and above- Direct Connect, which conflicts with nPower Translators, is now enabled by default. Disable it by going to Windows > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager then unchecking the boxes to the right of DirectConnect.mll
NOTE: On Vista and Windows 7 - run first time and when authorizing using right click and "Run as Administrator" to install license.
To activate your license:
1) Download the software using links in your order email.
2) Install it into your Maya / Studio Tools directory. If prompted enter as the installation directory the location of Maya executable directory. For example: c:Program FilesAutodeskMaya2008.
3) Start up Maya and import a file using our translator. It will prompt you for authorization. Send the authorization information to Support
. You will get back an authorization code to enter into this dialog. Help Videos / Tutorials Additional Installation Information for nPowerTranslators for Mac Maya 2013 Folder permissions have changed for Maya 2011-2013, so in order to active nPower Translators Mac, you must follow the steps below:
1) Navigate to Maya.app located in /Applications/maya201X
2) Right click on Maya.app and click "Show Package Contents"
3) Go in the Contents folder. Right click the "bin" folder and click "get info"
4) Give yourself Read/Write permissions by clicking the + sign, selecting your username, and ensure that you have "Read & Write" access.
5) Now you may activate your license Note:
There may be other permissions changes needed. Please contact support
if you have any problems or questions.